FOUNDED IN 2015 BY MERLE HOFFMAN
HELPING WOMEN WORLDWIDE
• Founded in 2015 by Merle Hoffman, The Choices Global Iniitiative projects have included working to expand the research and analysis of Second Wave feminism to empower immigrant and minority women who live in shame-and-honor cultures.
• CGI has participated in the legendary and controversial struggle for Jewish women's rights in Jerusalem--first, by publishing Dr. Chesler’s earliest accounts of this struggle in On The Issues magazine in 1989 and 1990 and more recently by funding the latest stages of this 28 year grassroots battle.
• CGI has researched and published material about honor based violence, including honor killing, interviewing victims of such violence, with a special interest in identifying the factors involved in a successful escape from honor-based violence.
• CGI hosts evenings, small dinners, attend and present at conferences, appear in the media to further understanding globally and to strengthen women individually.
• CGI has written about and worked with those involved in the rescue of Yazidi and Christian sex slaves from ISIS which were primarily undertaken by the Sister Hatune Dogan Foundation. CGI has sent medical supplies to an orphanage in India which the Hatune Dogan Foundation operates.
• CGI is undertaking a publishing program which will include writing articles for selected venues and re-publishing some pioneering feminist works with new Introductions and Study Guides for students, therapeutic practitioners, and diverse populations.
Projects by region.
Jamaica, Queens, New York
Britain: Forced Marriages
Jamaica, Queens, New York
Project Kesher Russia
CGI is working to expand the research and analysis of Second Wave feminism to empower immigrant and minority women who live in shame-and-honor cultures.
Our Blog... Join us in our causes.
Visit our Blog archive for full list of stories...
List of our Supported Organizations and Board
Founder and President of Choices Women's Medical Center and the Choices Global Institute
Co-founder of Shahram (which means Rescue); now working on the callous abuse of disabled girls and boys in arranged marriages
Advisor-in-Chief of the Choices Global Institute and is publishing her Collected Writings on gender apartheid and honor killing
Hans Erling Jensen
President of the Hatune Dogan Foundation involved with Sister Hatune in the rescue of Christians and Yazidis from Muslim-majority countries
Founder of the Bella Abzug Leadership Institute (BALI), and the BALI Bella and Bella Fella Awards
The Feminist Press
An educational nonprofit organization founded to advance women's rights and amplify feminist perspectives
Choices Women’s Medical Center
Merle Hoffman founded Choices shortly after New York State made abortion legal two years before the historic Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision